Here at SquidFlicks, our rating system is both familiar and unique! We rate a movie based on its overall quality of its four evaluated parts : Dialogue, Acting, Plot, and Music. From that rating of zero through five, the movie is given the SquidFlicks tag – a Squid Rating! The Squid Rating is our way of telling you whether or not to buy, rent, or even own or think about owning a movie! Read on to understand better!
In lieu of the cliché rating “stars”, SquidFlicks uses multiples and fractions of its logo:
The Squid Rating system is as follows:
- Rating of 0 out of 5 is Dead Squid; Don’t even rent this movie!
- Rating of 1-2 out of 5 is Dying Squid; Rent only!
- Rating of 3 out of 5 is Squid; Rent it, buy it if you like it, decent movie.
- Rating of 4 out of 5 is Gold Squid; Definitely rent it, good to buy
- Rating of 5 out of 5 is Platinum Squid; Perfect, you should own it already!
We appreciate comments on the rating system, and hope that it helps you to pick great movies and avoid the stinkers! =)
With the advent of SquidFlicks 3.0, we are in the process of converting ratings out to a scale of 10. Our new layout allows for reviewers to assign rankings on a scale of 0-10 for a variety of categories and then an average rating is calculated. Additionally, readers can ‘rate’ the accuracy of these reviews by assigning each one a rating from 1-5. Coming soon will be the feature for you to submit what you feel like the movie was rated – a ‘audience score’ if you will. Stay tuned!