Happy Friday the 13th Squidflickians! You’ve gotten your lucky rabbit’s foot, you’ve steered clear of all of the mirrors in the house, and you are ready to embark on a trek or two to Crystal Lake (or Manhattan, Hell, and/or space). ESPECIALLY SPACE -Shelby 😀Friday June 13th, 2014 is a special day not only because of the ominous date, there is also a full moon tonight. Another full moon WILL fall on Friday the 13th but not for another 20+ years!!!
We are happy to announce that we have uncovered a vast amount of MiniDV tapes that we had thought perished long ago. We will be releasing this video with our updated insight added into them. Some of these are not full complete projects. Dubbed as SquidFlick’s “Lost Tapes” our first video we are working on is a mostly complete Friday the 13th Marathon we shot in the Fall of 2009.
Looking around the web this week, we found some Friday the 13th inspired cocktails! The first 6 of these very creative cocktails are brought to you by the folks at Halloweenerrific! The remaining 5 cocktails were compiled together by us here at SquidFlicks! Enjoy!
Friday the 13th – The Crystal Lake Surprise
Something horrible is floating in it!
- 2 measures of white rum
- A quarter measure of blue curaçao
- 1 measure of orange juice
- half a measure of lime juice
- 1 packet of red jelly (jell-o)
- Vodka (optional)
- Mix (shake) the rum, blue curaçao and juices with a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Strain mixture into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Make the jelly (follow instructions on pack).
- Add the vodka (if desired) and set it in the freezer.
- Just before the jelly sets, sir it up with a hand whisk.
- Let it set for at least 5 minutes.
- Spoon the surprise into the cocktail. It should now float ominously in the water like the body of little Jason Voorhees!
Friday the 13th Part 2 – The Brown Bag
- 1 measure Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 measure dark rum
- 2 measures of milk
- 1 small scoop of chocolate ice cream
- 2 teaspoons chocolate powder or cocoa
- Mix the milk and alcohol over ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Strain and pour into a cocktail glass.
- Add a small scoop of chocolate ice cream and top with a sprinkle of chocolate powder or cocoa.
Friday the 13th Part 3 – The Hockey mask
- 4 measures of milk (preferably full fat)
- 1 measure of overproof white rum
- 1 measure Irish cream
- Mix (shake) the rum, Irish cream and milk with a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Strain mixture into a small cocktail glass.
- Now the fun bit, get creative with the grenadine. Try to make the red droplets resemble the mask and/or blood in some way.
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter – The Killer
- 1 part Vodka
- 1 part red Aftershock
- 1 part Absinthe
- 3 parts Red Bull (or similar energy drink I guess)
- Mix (shake) the Vodka, Aftershock and Absinthe in a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Pour into a tall cocktail glass and add the Red Bull.
Friday the 13th part 5: A NEw Beginning – Red Haze
- 1.5 Measures De Kuyper Triple Sec
- 1 Measure De Kuyper
- Sparkling Mineral Water
- Half fill a tall cocktail glass with ice.
- Pour in the Triple Sec and Crème De Cassis.
- Top up with the sparkling water and stir gently.
Friday the 13th part 6: Jason Lives – The Voorhees Corpse Reviver
- 1 measure gin
- 1 measure Cointreau
- 1 measure vermouth
- 1 measure fresh lemon juice
- Dash of absinthe (use sparingly)
- Strawberry jam (just a small dollop)
- Pour the liquid ingredients into a shaker over ice and shake that thing.
- Prepare a cocktail glass for your mixture, adding a small dollop of strawberry jam to the bottom to it. This will just fizzle at the bottom and add a bit of fruity sweetness.
- Strain the ingredients into the glass.
Friday the 13th part 7: The New Blood – Telekinesis Rage
1 ozSouthern Comfort® peach liqueur
1 ozBlue Curacao liqueur
1 ozblueberry liqueur
1 ozsloe gin
1 splashlime juice
1 splashsweet and sour mix
1 splash7-Up® soda
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes.
- Shake and strain into a cocktail glass, and serve.
Friday the 13th part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan – Bloody Manhattan
2 oz. whiskey
2 oz. sweet vermouth
Couple of dashes of bitters
Maraschino cherry, for garnish
- Add whiskey, sweet vermouth, & bitters to a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes.
- Stir until well chilled & drain into a glass.
- Garnish with 1 Maraschino cherry
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday – Shot from Hell
1 oz. of Jagermeiser
1 oz. of Rumple Minze
Combine ingredients into shot glass
Jason X – Cryo-Freeze
- Shake all ingredients well with ice.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- To get the smokey effect, add a small piece of dry ice to the glass. Remember to remove it prior to drinking, as it can be harmful.
Freddy Vs. Jason – Hell’s Finest
1 ozSkyy vodka
1 ozInferno Pepper Pot vodka
- Shake ingredients together in a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Strain into a shot glass, and serve.